about Energy Garden
The Energy Garden project is a partnership project delivered by Repowering London, Groundwork London and Transport for London.
Over the last 2 years the Energy Garden team have supported communities across London to transform 30 London Overground platforms and stations into thriving gardens that incorporate food growing plots and solar energy providing on-site renewable energy for lighting, water pumps or other small scale station amenities. Energy Garden will be installing 10 more gardens over the next 12 months.
Energy Garden has launched a community bond offer to support the project for the next 20 years. The bond offer is currently live for sophisticated investors and is due to be launched to the public in the coming months Click here to find out more about Energy Garden's solar programme
Energy Gardens help promote food and energy security, create resilient communities and improve the health and well-being of Londoners.
- Add beauty to London Overground Stations
- Support community and individual positive activism
- Increase awareness of renewable energy generation
- Create and maintain community gardens
- Inspire community youth through employment opportunities and internships
- Help to address food and energy inequalities in London
- Create a legacy fund to sustain the gardens in the long term