School Workshop Programme
Energy Garden offered 50 free classroom-based workshops to primary schools, where children learnt about solar power, electricity, plants and urban gardening.
The workshops were run throughout 2016.
There were a range of topics suited for both years 4 and 5:
- ‘Living plants and Habitats’ (linked with national curriculum)
- Categorising plants, with real-life samples
- Sew a seed to take home
- Planting solar hanging baskets
- Urban gardening
- Creating circuits – how to make a buzzer buzz.
- Experiments with solar panels
- Graphs and numbers
- Renewable energy
If you know a school or teacher who would be interested in the Energy Garden project, and would benefit from a free workshop linked to the national curriculum, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org