about Energy Garden
Over the last two years, the Energy Garden team has supported communities across London to transform 30 London Overground platforms and stations into thriving gardens and food growing plots. Solar energy provides on-site renewable energy for lighting, water pumps or other small scale station amenities. Energy Garden will be installing 10 more gardens over the next 12 months.
Energy Garden Community Bond Offer
Energy Garden has launched a community bond offer to support the project for the next 20 years. This Legacy Fund will allow us to purchase an initial pipeline of 12.5MW of solar PV assets. This solar energy generates revenue that funds our gardens and well-being programmes, while also providing a financial return for investors. Click here to find out more about Energy Garden's solar programme.
Energy Garden is a Community Benefit Society: 1 share=1 vote
The bond offer is currently live for the public and sophisticated investors alike. Energy Garden is a Community Benefit Society and, therefore, the purchase of a single share confers membership and an equal vote in all decision-making processes. To read more about our financial structure, please refer to our fundraising page here.
Energy Gardens help promote food and energy security, create resilient communities and improve the health and well-being of Londoners. This project is a partnership project delivered by Repowering London, Groundwork London and Transport for London.
- Add beauty to London Overground Stations
- Support community and individual positive activism
- Increase awareness of renewable energy generation
- Create and maintain community gardens
- Inspire community youth through employment opportunities and internships
- Help to address food and energy inequalities in London
- Create a legacy fund to sustain the gardens in the long term